FIFA Dream Contest – Official Rules
***THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS WERE UPDATED ON 7 NOVEMBER 2022****
We are the Fédération Internationale de Football Association, a company registered in Switzerland with our registered office at FIFA Strasse 20, P.O. Box, 8044, Zürich Switzerland (“FIFA”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
These competition terms (“Terms”) apply to the Dream Competition (the “Competition”). The Terms apply to you if (i) you participate in the Competition and (ii) you are located in a country other than Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, Sudan, and Syria or a country where such contests are prohibited or restricted by law (“Excluded Countries”). By participating in the Competition, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by, these Terms.
1. Eligibility. a) You are at least 18 years of age and of minimum legal age in your country of residence at the date of entry; b) You have a valid Twitter and/or Instagram account; and c) You are not an Excluded Person. You are an “Excluded Person” and unable to participate in the Competition if you are: (i) a resident of an Excluded Country; (ii) a director, officer, employee, contractor or agent of FIFA (including any of our subsidiaries) (each a “FIFA Person”), or; (iii) you are a member of the immediate family (including spouses, partners, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren or children) of any FIFA Person.
2. No purchase necessary to enter or to win.
3. If you win the Grand Prize, and provided that you are at least 18 years old at the entry date, your guest may be of any age.
4. Prizes. Prizes include: a. Grand Prize: two FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ quarter-final Hospitality MATCH Gallery Category tickets, two flights to Doha, a $500USD gift card for food and other expenses, and accommodation at the Plaza Inn Doha; b. Second Place: FIFA gift package from the FIFA e-Store; c. Four semi finalists: Signed ‘FIFA Legend’ match balls; d. Eight quarterfinalists: $200 gift cards for the FIFA store; and e. Sixteen knockout bracket qualifiers: Artworks that make the knockout contest will be featured on the FIFA Dream Contest section of FIFA+
5. All costs and expenses not explicitly stated above as comprising part of the Prize shall be the winner’s sole responsibility. An example of such excluded costs and expenses includes (without limitation): travel documentation, visa charges, hotel incidentals, spending money, insurance, travel to and from airport and matches, and taxes.
6. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash or its monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, we reserve the right to substitute that element for another of equal or greater value, or a cash alternative, in our sole discretion.
7. If you win the Grand Prize, you (and any guest) will each need to procure, in advance, a Hayya Card issued by the State of Qatar and all other travel documentation. We will not be responsible for procuring a Hayya card for the winner or any other travel documentation. We will provide the winner with more details.
8. Participation Criteria. In order to participate in the Competition, you need to: a) Upload a FIFA World Cup Trophy themed artwork to your legally registered account on Twitter or Instagram (the “Artwork”); b) Ensure that the settings for your account, and your entry post, are “Public” or “Unprotected”; c) You must follow @FIFAWorldCup on the platform you are submitting; and d) Post the Artwork with the Competition’s official hashtag: #FIFADreamContest in the text of the post with the Artwork.
9. Participation in the Competition grants FIFA and its designees the right to post, publish, and or otherwise utilize the Artwork, including any information included with the post or publicly available on your profile.
10. You are (subject always to the Terms) able to enter the Competition only a single time. Multiple entries shall be deemed void.
11. Artwork Requirements: a) Artwork must be an original piece of art created by you; b) Artwork must include a representation of the FIFA World Cup Trophy; c) The representation of the FIFA World Cup Trophy can be abstract but should be respectful and should emphasize the prestigious nature of the trophy; d) Artwork cannot include audio or written text in any language; e) If Artwork is a video, it must be 60 seconds or less; f) Artworks cannot include images that require licenses or usage rights from any third party, as determined by FIFA in its sole discretion; g) Artwork must be directly viewable on Instagram or Twitter, without any required link to another site; and h) Artwork and the post containing the Artwork may not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libellous; should not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and should not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country, region, state, or territory where the submission is created, in each case, as determined by FIFA in its sole discretion. All Submissions must be suitable for audiences of all ages, in each case as determined by FIFA in its sole discretion. Submissions which, in FIFA’s sole discretion, contain any type of vulgarity or objectionable content will be disqualified. Submissions that do not meet these stated criteria, or Submissions that (in the judges’ sole discretion) may technically meet the stated criteria but do not reflect the intent and the spirit of the provisions related to participation are not eligible.
12. FIFA reserves the right to enforce its rights in relation to any FIFA intellectual property used in a social media post that violates any of the Artwork Requirements.
13. Timing. The Competition will open for entries on 23 August 2022 and the submission of entries will close at 17:00 CET on 03 November 2022 (the “Closing Date”). Finalists will be announced on 10 November 2022.
14. Selection Criteria. Submitted Artworks will be judged based on two criteria, which shall be valued equally: a) Creativity (sharing the significance and story of your piece in an original and authentic way); and b) Passion (demonstrating your passion for the FIFA World Cup and/or your national team).
15. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of and quality of Artworks received and the skill of each entrant. This is a skill-based contest.
16. Selection Process. Selection process for choosing winning Artworks: a) A set of pre-finalists will be determined using the Selection Criteria (set out in Paragraph 14); b) Eight recognized artists from around the world will select sixteen Artworks (the “Finalists”) based on the Selection Criteria; c) The sixteen Finalists will be announced on 10 November 2022; d) Public voting on the Finalist Artworks will follow.
17. Final Bracket and Voting Process. Final bracket and voting process to determine winning Artworks: a) Using a single-elimination knockout bracket system, the sixteen Finalists will be randomly assigned a position in the final bracket; b) in each matchup, the Finalists whose Artwork receives the most votes in a 24-hour period will advance to the next round until a winner is determined; c) All voting will take place on @fifaworldcup Instagram Stories page, found at this link: https://www.instagram.com/fifaworldcup/ and clicking on the Stories functionality.
18. All Artworks chosen at any stage of the Selection Process are subject to FIFA vetting and approval.
19. Each Finalist will be required to sign the Affidavit provided to them in order to be eligible to redeem any Prize.
20. We will notify the winners via posts on Twitter and Instagram and following that post we will contact the winners via direct message to the account they used to post the artwork if direct message is available.
21. In the event a winner is disqualified, or does not respond within 24 hours, we will select another winner using the process at Paragraph 16 above. 22. If you are a Finalist or win, we
may ask you to take part in reasonable publicity associated with the Competition, using your information such as your name, photograph, and prize information. Participation in any such publicity as at your discretion. We will publish (or otherwise make available, e.g. to any regulator) information about the winner of the Competition, including his/her name and place of residence (if obliged and/or requested).
23. Small print. We always want to offer fair and transparent competitions, free from abuse or cheating. If you enter the Competition in a way that is contrary to these Terms, your entry or entries will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be withdrawn or voided, and we reserve the right to bar you from entering any future competitions or promotions for a period of at least twelve (12) months.
24. In order to ensure fairness, we reserve the right at any point during the Competition to: a. verify the eligibility of participants and provisional winners by requesting such information we consider reasonably necessary. Entry to the Competition or delivery of the Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed to our satisfaction; b. disqualify entries made using anonymous email services or submitted by macros or other automated means; c. disqualify entries that appear to be, but are not in fact, made directly by you, including any entries that use techniques such as masking your identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than your own, or any other means; and d. disqualify entries which do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms.
25. We will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with any of our obligations in these Terms for reasons beyond our reasonable control or reasons beyond the reasonable control of our sub-contractors. 26. If we cannot run the Competition as planned for reasons
beyond our reasonable control or for reasons which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, we reserve the right to: (i) disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms; and/or (ii) invalidate any affected entries; and/or (iii) cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition.
27. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any incorrect or inaccurate information you provide or any entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted or misdirected or which cannot be delivered for any technical or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
28. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. You are providing your information to FIFA and not to Instagram or Twitter.
30. Subject always to the Terms, our decision in connection with the Competition shall be final and binding.
31. If any part of these Terms is legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
32. Any claim or dispute relating to the Competition or these Terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the ordinary Court of the Canton of Zurich. You and we agree that the Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Switzerland.